Who can be a hospital volunteer?
Anyone, men or women can be a hospital Volunteer. We are looking for individuals who want to share their unique talents and are interested in sharing their time for a few hours per week or periodically.
To be a Volunteer, you will be asked to:
- Complete an application
- Complete confidentiality form
- Complete lab work requirements
- Complete an orientation
- Meet training requirements
We train our Volunteers
An orientation session is provided for all new volunteers. At the orientation you will learn about the services provided at Langlade Hospital, our vision and mission, patients’ rights and the importance of patient confidentiality. You will also be oriented to your specific area where you will be volunteering. Orientation additionally provide safety instructions concerning fire safety, infection control and security measures. Volunteers are considered members of the hospital family and are included in numerous hospital sponsored events, programs and screenings.
Volunteer Opportunities include:
- Hospital Volunteers (volunteers provide reception services, serving as receptionists in our specialty clinics, at our Information Desks, provide mail and flower deliveries, etc.)
Pine Meadow (volunteers are needed to help serve meals to residents on Saturdays and Sundays at the lunch hour.)
LeRoyer Hospice (volunteers serve in a wide variety of capacities to help the dying and their families cope with the dying process.)
- Hospital Auxiliary (this group works together to provide fundraising efforts by sponsoring activities such as bake sales, raffles and our annual Parade of Homes and Love Lights campaigns.)
- Community Health Foundation (this area needs help on an as-needed basis in their fundraising activities.)
- Rosalia Gardens (volunteers are welcome to provide recreational activities for residents such as reading, playing cards, or making crafts.)
- Adult Day Services (volunteers may organize recreational activities or assist with the scheduled activities at the center.)
- Other Volunteer Opportunities (We try to match your needs, skills and desires with opportunities available in a wide variety of departments – let us know your interests and we will see if we can meet your needs!)
Interested in joining the Langlade Hospital Volunteers? Call or write us for more information:
Volunteer Coordinator- Jenny Schlundt 715-623-9557
112 E. Fifth Avenue
Antigo, WI 54409